Sunday, April 11, 2010

Approaching 18 months!

First Easter egg hunt!

Wearing Daddy's shoes!

Wrestling with mom!

Trying on Mom's glasses

Playing blocks!

So now that a few months have gone by I guess I should update the fun-ness that's been going on. Lucas has grown so much in the last few months in so many ways. He is finally past all his food issues (for the most part) and we no longer have to worry about his wieght! He is still a stringbean but not underwieght. He's running circles around me and talking up a storm. It's been so fun to watch him discover things. I try not to helicopter and let him explore things even when the result of the exploration may not be a fun one for either of us but as long as he isn't hurting anyone else or going to get severely hurt himself I let him explore. (within reason) He definitely is headstrong...mmm....I wonder where he got that from? But he also has a balance of being obiedient. Or as obiedient as you can get out of a 1 and half year old. He has such a sweet, fun, cool personality. It really has been amazing to watch this little person emerge out of him.

He loves balls of all kinds, but rather anything round is a ball to him. Baseballs, basketballs, beachballs, you will promptly here in a little voice "ball, ball,! ball, ball!" while nodding his head yes. He also loves the Cars movie. Anytime he sees or hears a car you promptly hear "car, car! car, car!" He gets really excited when he sees anything with Lighting McQueen on it. Let's just say I have seen that movie lately more then I have ever wanted to. But alas it's pretty cute to see that cute little boy get so excited about it.

Lucas also went from the 6 teeth that all came in at once at a year old to adding his upper molars and laterals (two on either side of the middle teeth) on the bottom. Right now he's working on adding the lower canines and molars as well.

His vocabulary his growing everyday and I think he can say more then he lets on cause occasionally for one time only he will throw in a new word. But more then that his comprehension is amazing. Currently he has under his belt: Jeese (Jesus), ball, car, mama, dada, mamma (grandma), gammpa (grandpa), cool, shoes, bear, meow meow (cat), gog (dog), moo (cow), bird, ba ba (bottle), no, yes, book, iths (this), and occasionally you can get a please or thank you. But I taught him to say please with sign language when he was little and he prefers to sign over say.

He's growing so fast! He loves books, dancing, music, waving to EVERYONE we see or meet, loves to wrestle, and go for walks. He had his first Easter egg hunt and loved meeting the easter bunny! He also had his first head injury ER visit. Which after a Cat Scan was deemed fine and healed great except for a broken tooth. (I'm really sad about the tooth!)

It's been so fun to be his mom and I feel honored as well. I am looking forward to see him grow as time goes on. I love him bunches! His smile just melts me!

1 comment:

Ree-ch said...

so glad to hear from you. I see Lucas as the sporty type, just an excuse to play with a ball huh? Reed hopes Norah learns soccer, like himself, while I hope it is b-ball.